Working with you, from start to finish
With the Signature McHale Design-Build Plan, every McHale Landscape Design team member – our carpenters, masons, landscape technicians, and designers – works together as one single entity. We employ the design-build, single-source responsibility model for all of our projects.
What does this mean for you? Communication is ensured. Every client is an important part of the team; you will be involved in the entire project, from design to implementation to after care. You will be made aware of any changes during the design or construction process and frequently updated with the progress.
Why use the design-build process?
The design-build process produces significant savings in cost and resources.
The Landscape Design Build Process:
- includes the owner as an important member of the team;
- provides a single source for quality, cost and schedule management;
- eliminates redesign and unnecessary construction drawings with their additional design fees;
- mitigates problems due to adversarial relationships;
- allows easier, better communication between project participants;
- emphasizes teamwork, from conceptualization to the finished project; and
- creates a greater degree of cooperation between the design and construction phases of the project.
How does the design-build process work?
The first step in any project is to meet with you, discuss your priorities and expectations, and evaluate your property. Then, our architects and designers prepare a design proposal that outlines the work to be completed, the schedule, and costs.
After the landscape design proposal is accepted, a preliminary plan – unique to your property – is prepared. From there, we create a master plan, which is presented with a detailed cost analysis. Then, we get to work.